Sunday, March 13, 2005

A Delicious Beginning

It seems that lately you can't turn on the television, open a newspaper, or breeze through a magazine without reading about blogging and the impact of blogging on real life. It's almost as though people are inspired to see one another really trying to contribute, so they get out there and do it themselves.

Of late, I've been reading a lot of amazing blogs devoted to food. Recipes, epicurean quests, ethnic experiences... all of these interesting takes on something required, something quintessentially tied to daily life, inspired me to take on a journey of my own. I've decided to be a trailblazer of sorts, and though my journey may not cut new paths for everyone, it is certainly going to impact me and my own life. I think that sort of trueness is sometimes hard to find, so I invite you to come along and watch. Think of this as a bit of the 'Amazing Race', a bit of 'Survivor', and probably more 'America's Funniest Home Videos' than I'd probably care to admit.

For any trip, it is important to have a plan - a trail guide, if you will, that may or may not bear any resemblance to how the trip plays out, but can be used as a point of reference to redirect if we get lost. My plan is this - to cook my way through cookbooks, one by one, all recipes, and to document my experiences along the way. There will be no skipping just because I don't like an ingredient. I have no allergies to worry about, so I have no excuses. As I cook my way through, I vow to taste each and every recipe for you, and to share, through photo and word, my journey. I promise, it will be a bizarre ride.

Before we go much further, it may be of benefit for you to know a little more about me. I won't go through the laundry list here in this entry, but I suggest you click on the background bit, so you know what you're getting yourself into. You might even relate.

And so, here we are, laces tied tight and a pack on our backs, ready to venture forth onto these delicious paths. I have my trusty cameraman in tow (you'll hear more about him later) and I think I'm ready. We'll see soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home